For a business that makes online sales, an extremely important indicator is the conversion rate. The famous “sales funnel” has five sections, which are becoming narrower, from awareness, consideration, preference, acquisition, and loyalty.
The theory is easy to understand, but putting into practice a consistent set of marketing tactics that will bring us good conversion rates on each of these sections is not an easy thing to do. That’s why we’ve reviewed how you can increase your online sales conversion.
Increasing conversions in the awareness stage
People cannot buy from a business I do not know they exist. Once informed of its existence will buy if only if they trust.
The best tactics to establish conversion growth in the awareness stage are as follows:
- Online and “traditional” PR: “Traditional” public relations is extremely effective at this stage. They help build brand awareness and familiarity with the services or products offered. That’s why it’s important to be present in profile publications, events, radio, and TV, etc. This tactic is very effective when linked to content marketing.
- Blogging/vlogging: Current or potential clients appreciate the information, recommendations, advice from experts. From the very beginning, be open and share the “secrets of the job” with those interested. Be creative and explore with different forms of content. Do not just limit yourself to publishing articles on the blog.
Increase conversion in the consideration phase
Once potential customers are familiar with your business, it’s time to catch your attention. At the stage of consideration, it is important to give them the opportunity to take small actions just before they are ready to buy.
Here are some methods for increasing conversions in the consideration phase:
- Interactive newsletters: Sending newsletters is a very effective tactic. The opening and click rates increase exponentially when you invite subscribers to say what product they prefer, participate in other surveys, or give feedback to campaign ideas or types of marketing materials from the newsletter.
- Landing pages: On such pages, it is essential to provide content that provides solutions to a particular problem. This is the case for ebooks or other materials that explain how to address or solve a particular customer challenge. For example, with what equipment and how to take underwater deep sea photographs. The page must include a single call to action.
Increase conversion to preference
In the preference stage, the goal is to pre-qualify opportunities by helping the customer understand that your company’s products or services respond to their needs from a functional, emotional perspective, etc.
The best tactics to determine conversion growth in the preference stage are as follows:
- Automated Emails: The easiest way to guide potential customers at this stage is a sequence of automated emails. You can send them answers to 5-7 most frequently asked questions, details of the correct criteria for choosing the desired product or service, other tips & tricks.
- Pillar pages: A pillar page is a basis on which a cluster of topics is built. The advantage is that it covers all aspects of the subject on a single page, with the possibility of detailing in specific cluster posts that are linked to the pillar page. Pillar pages broadly show a particular subject, while cluster content goes into detail on a particular keyword associated with the main subject.
Increase conversion at the purchase stage
On average, potential customers need to see 9-12 elements of content from a brand to decide to make a purchase when they have a specific need or desire. Moreover, only for the acquisition stage, online marketing statistics show that they should be given a clear opportunity to switch to purchase seven times before they are ready to buy.
In this context, it is useful to use an online tracing mechanism with clear repeat content sequences (via online advertisements, retargeting, newsletters, automated emails) to determine the purchase.
Increase conversion in the loyalty stage
Marketing says it’s 5-7 times easier to sell to an existing customer than to win a new one. You have invested a lot of energy and money in winning your customers, do not let them out of your news once they’ve finished their first transaction.
The best tactics to determine conversion growth in the loyalty stage are as follows:
- Recommendations and reviews. Satisfied customers will recommend the brand to another 7-9 knowledge, telling about the excellent shopping experience. So focus on doing everything that depends on you so that each interaction is one wow. Then it’s best to give customers the opportunity to offer reviews or receive a discount on the next purchase if they choose 1 + 1 offers.
- Up-selling and cross-selling campaigns. Construct your business offer so you can invite customers to buy more expensive packages or supplements during and after the initial purchase. You can do this during the payment process or following an e-mail sent after the purchase.
- Creating online communities. Customers can be loyal if they are invited to join online communities where they can become contributors by interacting with other lovers of your company’s products and services. It is important to offer them unique content, special offers, feedback, but also give them the opportunity to experiment with newly launched products, free of charge or at promotional prices.